Two regular members of the New People’s Army surrendered to the 66th Infantry Battalion in Purok 3A, Barangay Cabinuangan, New Bataan, Compostela Valley last week.
Capt. Jershome Butt, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, identified them as Randy Basan, vice commander of the Milisyang Bayan (MB) and improvised explosives device (IED) expert under Guerilla Front 25, sub-regional command (SRC) 1, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (SMRC).
Richard Siodecta, an alleged sniper with the GF 25, SRC 1, both residents of Purok 21, Sitio Mambusao, Barangay Ngan.
Butt said the surrender of the NPAs was facilitated by Lito Saipan, a former SPL member of GF 25.
The two individuals are now undergoing an interview at the battalion, as officials lauded the surrender.
“His futile struggle can now be turning into productive along with his long lost family,” Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the commander of the 10th ID, said.
Meanwhile, he also urged other members of the NPAs to return to the folds of the law and avail the enhanced comprehensive local integrated program (e-CLIP) of the local government in Compostela Valley.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls