Two regular members of the New People’s Army surrendered to the 66th Infantry Battalion in Purok 3A, Barangay Cabinuangan, New Bataan, Compostela Valley last week.
Capt. Jershome Butt, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, identified them as Randy Basan, vice commander of the Milisyang Bayan (MB) and improvised explosives device (IED) expert under Guerilla Front 25, sub-regional command (SRC) 1, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (SMRC).
Richard Siodecta, an alleged sniper with the GF 25, SRC 1, both residents of Purok 21, Sitio Mambusao, Barangay Ngan.
Butt said the surrender of the NPAs was facilitated by Lito Saipan, a former SPL member of GF 25.
The two individuals are now undergoing an interview at the battalion, as officials lauded the surrender.
“His futile struggle can now be turning into productive along with his long lost family,” Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the commander of the 10th ID, said.
Meanwhile, he also urged other members of the NPAs to return to the folds of the law and avail the enhanced comprehensive local integrated program (e-CLIP) of the local government in Compostela Valley.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art