Two regular members of the New People’s Army surrendered to the 66th Infantry Battalion in Purok 3A, Barangay Cabinuangan, New Bataan, Compostela Valley last week.
Capt. Jershome Butt, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, identified them as Randy Basan, vice commander of the Milisyang Bayan (MB) and improvised explosives device (IED) expert under Guerilla Front 25, sub-regional command (SRC) 1, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (SMRC).
Richard Siodecta, an alleged sniper with the GF 25, SRC 1, both residents of Purok 21, Sitio Mambusao, Barangay Ngan.
Butt said the surrender of the NPAs was facilitated by Lito Saipan, a former SPL member of GF 25.
The two individuals are now undergoing an interview at the battalion, as officials lauded the surrender.
“His futile struggle can now be turning into productive along with his long lost family,” Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the commander of the 10th ID, said.
Meanwhile, he also urged other members of the NPAs to return to the folds of the law and avail the enhanced comprehensive local integrated program (e-CLIP) of the local government in Compostela Valley.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month