A taxi driver is facing litigation due to a case that started as a routine apprehension for a seatbelt violation.
Driver Dario Liton Simborio was charged on Saturday of direct assault before the City Prosecutor’s Office, Davao City Police Office (DCPO) spokesperson Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan told TIMES yesterday.
Simborio, 36, a resident of Digos City, Davao del Sur who drives a taxi cab here, allegedly failed to wear a seatbelt and a dispute led him to injure the enforcer.
Simborio is now detained in the San Pedro Police Precinct for allegedly dragging and injuring traffic enforcer Julius Regidor Raquel, 40, married, and resident of Barangay 37-D, Poblacion District.
According to the report, Raquel was manning the traffic at the corner of Quirino Avenue and Pichon Street in Bankerohan, Barangay 5-A, Poblacion on Saturday morning.
Raquel noted that the driver of a Misis Taxi Cab was not properly wearing a seatbelt while the vehicle was in motion.
The enforcer hailed the taxi.
He then demanded the driver’s license for the issuance of a City Traffic Citation Ticket (CTCT).
But the driver allegedly refused to give his license, prompting the enforcer to ride in the taxi unit and instructed the driver to drive towards the CTTMO office for the proper disposition of the case.
As they made their way towards the CTTMO office, 9:20 a.m., both of them disembarked from the taxicab as they continued arguing at the approach of the Guillermo E. Torres St., near the Flying V station.
But the driver hurriedly boarded the cab and drove away.
Unfortunately, the traffic enforcer was able to hold the front passenger’s door of the taxicab.
With this, Raquel was dragged for about 10 meters, resulting to injuries on both his arms.
Subsequently, the taxi driver fled the crime scene but eventually surrendered to the Talomo Police Precinct.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success