The alleged top drug pusher of Padada, Davao del Sur was killed in a shootout with the agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI early morning on Saturday.
Meanwhile, two high-value drug targets were arrested in a separate buy-bust operation conducted along Pichon Street and diversion road in Davao City.
PDEA XI director Antonio Rivera identified the slain suspect to TIMES as Jannel Tabas. His female companion, Khey Cristine Tabas, was also arrested in the same operation conducted in Quirino District, Barangay Poblacion, Padada, around 1:30 a.m. on Aug. 11.
Joint personnel of the Regional Drug Enforcement Unit, led by Chief Insp. Ernesto Gregore; Padada Mnicipal Police Station led by Sr. Insp Jesse Dellosa; Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB) led by SPO3 James Raphnel Rago; and PDEA-Davao del Sur led by agent Mildred Driz Romero implemented the search warrant issued by Carmelita Sarno Davin, executive judge, Regional Trial Court XI, Branch 19 in Digos City dated Aug. 10, 2018.
However, Tabas reportedly fired his .45 caliber pistol at the arresting officers who fired back. He was rushed to the Davao Sur Provincial Hospital but was declared dead by the attending physician.
The operating team seized the pistol along with five bullets, several sachets of shabu weighing a total of 35 grams with an estimated market value of P525,000 and drug paraphernalia.
On the same day, around 12:20 a.m., Paolo Paguntalan was arrested in a buy-bust operation along Pichon (formerly Magallanes Street). Seized from him were more or less .05 grams of shabu worth P3,400.
Last Friday, a prominent businessman was also arrested by the PDEA XI-Davao team, together with the Talomo Police Precinct at the diversion road at 6:05 p.m.
He was identified as Mark Lester Tamparong. Seized from his possession was alleged shabu weighing three grams.
“He is a HVT (high-value target) because the parents belong to a prominent family,” Rivera said, adding that the suspect wasn’t part of their watch list.
The suspects are now under PDEA custody as they await the filing of cases.
At around 10:20 p.m., another operation was conducted by the same operating team at Ecoland.
Rivera said the target were Alias Tho Usman and one John Doe.
He said they are considered as high value targets.
“Because he is a businessman and an owner of an inn in Ecoland,” he added.
However the suspects manage to escape after the transaction.
The suspects did not leave their vehicles.
Confiscated from them were more or less 5 grams of shabu worth P34,000.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success