An encampment of the New People’s Army (NPA) was discovered by the troops of the 103rd Division Reconnaissance Company (DRC) while they were conducting combat operations in Sitio Laputan, Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District last Aug. 3.
Capt. Jershome Butt, acting spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division, said the camp was estimated to accommodate around 150 communist guerrillas.
They recovered one battery of commercial radio (Signus SN: 20120867011) with two radio chargers; one bandoleer with one empty M16 magazine (plastic-short); one Samsung Duos smart phone; medicines (syringes, dextrose bottle); six pairs of rain boots; water containers, and other personal belongings.
The camp had 40 makeshift huts and around 100 pieces of punji sticks (sharpened stakes).
In his statement, Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the commander of 10th Infantry Division expressed optimism that the clutch-hold of the NPA on the countryside will not last longer. He said they have a directive to run after the rebels with full force.
“I urge the CPP-NPA terrorists to surrender and avail of the program offered by the government through the Enhanced Comprehensive Localized Integration Program (E-CLIP),” he added.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market