This year’s winner of the Hiyas sa Kadayawan will get a designer’s crown that now bears the official logo of the Hiyas.
“The crown was beautifully made,” Kadayawan Festival Director Gatchi Gatchalian said. “It follows the design of our logo because we now have an official logo for the Hiyas.”
The Hiyas crown logo has Davao’s waling-waling (Vanda sanderiana). The crown showcases the beauty of the maidens from the seven tribes of the city.
Gatchalian commended the designer Tres Roldan Cartera who designed the crown utilizing materials such as rhinestones.
He said it took much work to get the crown done from the conceptualization up to the actual creation.
“We are so proud of this one,” Gatchalian said.
“Whoever will be winning this year’s Hiyas sa Kadayawan will be definitely be happy. That alone, the crown, is something to keep, aside from the cash prize,” he added.
He also emphasized that the crowned Hiyas ng Kadayawan will be able to keep the handmade crown.
“You get a copy of your crown and we get a new set every year,” Gatchalian clarified.
He also mentioned that the cost of the crown is lesser than the previous one.
The cost, however, was revealed.
“It’s not expensive, just right the craftmanship because it is handmade,” Gatchalian said.
The coronation of the Hiyas sa Kadayawan is set tonight at RMC Gym.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market