The Philippine Employment Service Office (PESO) Davao conducted yesterday its regular Friday Job Fairs at the opening of the 33rd Kadayawan celebration.
The Friday Job Fairs is a monthly activity conducted every last Friday of the month since 2015.
For this year, it was moved earlier to the second Friday to concur with the opening of the Kadayawan celebration.
Twelve companies participated in the fair. Local companies include Ideal Zip Zenith, Sutherland Global Services, Work Experts, SM Supermarket, Topserve Manpower, Ace Hardware, Future Options, New Hope Corp., Gaisano Malls, and Lots For Less. LV Universal and CSV International were the two international companies in the list.
“For overseas, the usual job openings are cleaners, hairdresser, and manicurists,” said Larry Barn Baltazar, a PESO staff. “For local companies, a lot are for sales staff in malls.”
An average of 200-300 applicants flock every job fair, hoping to get a job.
But Baltazar said there are 1,000 job openings in every fair they conduct.
He added that there is a big chance for applicants to get hired “as long as they perform well in the interviews.”
Before the job fair proper, applicants are oriented with job interview tips during the Pre-Employment Seminar for Local Applicants (PESLA). This will benefit first time applicants who have little or no knowledge on job interviews.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach