A father of eight young children was shot to death by an unidentified perpetrator along Circumferential Road in Barangay 19-B, Poblacion District around 8 a.m. yesterday.
Sr. Insp Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victim as Mark Anthony Tala Tolentino, 38, a native of San Fernando City in Pampanga and presently residing in Bajada, Brgy. 19-B.
Based on the information gathered by police investigators, the victim was walking along Silver Street in Mineral Village on his way to work when a man shot him.
The victim sustained gunshots at the back portion of his head and left upper rib cages portion of his body.
The wounds caused his instantaneous death.
The gunman then rode on a getaway motorcycle driven by a companion, also unidentified, as they fled the crime scene.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) led by Chief Insp, Armando Calido Jr. recovered two .45 fired cartridge and two deformed fired .45 bullets.
The pieces of evidence are now in the custody of SOCO while the cadaver of the victim was brought to Angel Funeral Homes for proper disposition.
The victim’s widow, Jocelyn, told police investigators that Tolentino received death threat, thru text messages, from an unknown cellphone number. The threat could have been work-related, the widow revealed.
Investigators are tracing if there are complaints against the victim from his clients.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market