Different units of the Eastern Mindanao Command received an awards on Wednesday from the Armed forces of the Philippines (AFP) for their successful campaign against the New People’s Army (NPA).
“We are very happy that the efforts of our units have been recognized by the general headquarters and this will serve as an inspiration for us to even work harder and accomplish the tasks given to us,” Lt. Gen. Benjamin Madrigal, commander of Eastern Mindanao Command, told TIMES yesterday.
The Eastern Mindanao Command is composed of the 10th Infantry Division based in Mawab, Compostela Valley, and 4th Infantry Division based in Cagayan De Oro City. It also covers part of regions X and XII, Caraga and Davao Region.
In a separate interview, Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the commander of 10th Infantry Division, Gen. Carlito Galvez, the chief of staff of the AFP, awarded the Kapayapaan Award to units that have dismantled guerrilla fronts.
The 10th Infantry Division is composed of the 1001st Infantry Brigade based in Sitio Mapaang, Maco, Compostela Valley; 1002nd IB based in Malungon, Sarangani Province; 1003rd IB based in Barangay Mahayag, Bunawan District; and 701st IB based in Sitio Don Marundan, Mati City, Davao Oriental.
The 1001st IB was awarded best brigade for dismantling a guerrilla front.
“The 1002nd, 1003rd, 701st brigades and the 66th Infantry Battalion and 3rd IB were awarded for dismantling the guerrilla fronts,” Clement said.
The award was given during the AFP command conference yesterday at the general headquarters Camp Aguinaldo.
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen Erwin Bernard Neri, the former commander of 1001st IB, received the plaque as best brigade during AFP command conference.
“We had a good campaign plan and we executed it smoothly and, of course, because of the guidance and good leadership of our commanders of 10th ID and EMC,” he said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021