Authorities arrested a top drug suspect in a buy-bust operation in Kapalong, Davao del Norte on Wednesday afternoon.
Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) regional director Antonio Rivera identified the suspect as Marlon Sotis Acebes, 39, married, and resident of Block 11, Lot 13, Villa Clementa, Maniki, Kapalong.
Acebes is Davao del Norte’s Top 7 drug suspect, Rivera said.
He said Acebes is a big time and elusive drug suspect operating in the province.
During the buy-bust operation, Rivera said Acebes sold a gram of shabu to an undercover PDEA agent at 5:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Three other medium sachets, believed to contain shabu weighing 24.25 grams with a street value of P363,000, were also confiscated.
The buy-bust marked money bills were also recovered from the possession of the suspect.
Rivera spearheaded the operation and was assisted by the PDEA Davao del Norte provincial office, Kapalong Municipal Police Station led by Sr. Insp. Dexter Cuevas and Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office led by Chief Insp. Jefferson Ayban.
The seized items were submitted to the PDEA laboratory service for examination.
Acebes is now detained at the detention facility of the PDEA regional office pending the filing of formal charges.
Cases for violation of Sections 5 and 11, Article II of Republic Act 9165, also known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, are being prepared against the suspect.
Rivera extended his gratitude to the public for the apprehension of the suspect.
He said the successful apprehension of Acebes and other drug suspects “are indicators that the community is actively participating in the anti-drug campaign.”
Rivera said that most of the anti-drug operations are based on the complaint of the residents.
The PDEA is asking everyone to help the government attain its vision of a drug-free country by reporting to the office those who are involved in illegal drug activities.
“You can call or text us at 082-222-3045 and 09331481387,” Rivera said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls