A two story house and a guest house were totally burned in Barangay Marahan, Marilog District around 2 p.m. on Sunday.
In the report from the Davao City Police Office, the property was owned by Patricio and Maybeline Margate, both residents of Evangel Family Church of Sitio Marahan.
Based on the investigation conducted by the Calinan Fire Station, a portion of the Evangel Family Church, as well as a kiosk, also sustained partial damage.
The owners told fire investigators that the 18-year-old stay-in helper, identified as Jerson Rangga, was the only one in the compound before the incident. Accordingly, he left his phone around 2 p.m. on Sunday while it was charged in the kitchen area.
The Calinan fire investigators found out that the main switch and electrical wires are not in accordance with the Philippine Electrical Code, which caused the short circuit. The estimated cost of the fire damage reached P800,000.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls