A two story house and a guest house were totally burned in Barangay Marahan, Marilog District around 2 p.m. on Sunday.
In the report from the Davao City Police Office, the property was owned by Patricio and Maybeline Margate, both residents of Evangel Family Church of Sitio Marahan.
Based on the investigation conducted by the Calinan Fire Station, a portion of the Evangel Family Church, as well as a kiosk, also sustained partial damage.
The owners told fire investigators that the 18-year-old stay-in helper, identified as Jerson Rangga, was the only one in the compound before the incident. Accordingly, he left his phone around 2 p.m. on Sunday while it was charged in the kitchen area.
The Calinan fire investigators found out that the main switch and electrical wires are not in accordance with the Philippine Electrical Code, which caused the short circuit. The estimated cost of the fire damage reached P800,000.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021