A two story house and a guest house were totally burned in Barangay Marahan, Marilog District around 2 p.m. on Sunday.
In the report from the Davao City Police Office, the property was owned by Patricio and Maybeline Margate, both residents of Evangel Family Church of Sitio Marahan.
Based on the investigation conducted by the Calinan Fire Station, a portion of the Evangel Family Church, as well as a kiosk, also sustained partial damage.
The owners told fire investigators that the 18-year-old stay-in helper, identified as Jerson Rangga, was the only one in the compound before the incident. Accordingly, he left his phone around 2 p.m. on Sunday while it was charged in the kitchen area.
The Calinan fire investigators found out that the main switch and electrical wires are not in accordance with the Philippine Electrical Code, which caused the short circuit. The estimated cost of the fire damage reached P800,000.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon