The Henry Sy-led SM Development Corporation (SMDC) is setting aside P3 million as platinum sponsor of the annual Kadayawan sa Dabaw, the main festival of the city.
“We expect a lot of people to be visiting Davao, and of course, one way of enjoying is through shopping so we are giving all our shoppers up to 70% off of the biggest deals and finds throughout the festival,” said Aron Dalaza, SM Group marketing manager, during the week press conference at the mall yesterday.
The company, said Dalaza, will also hold events related to the celebration, among them the South by Mouth food and music festival where everyone can indulge in the local food and music of Davao will also be held at the SM City Davao on August 14-16 and in SM Lanang Premiere on August 17-19.
The Festive Market will also be showcased to help the Department of Agriculture and local entrepreneurs and to provide the market with the best products of the season as events like the Kadayawan Durian Festival at the SM Lanang Premiere on August 10, and Kadayawan Trade Fare at the parking area of the SM City Davao on August 13-September 2.
The festive culture will showcase the rich culture of the city through dance and fashion and will be highlighted by the Sayaw Kadayawan on August 14.
AT the SMX Convention Center, the Kadayawan Ball will happen on August 15.
The Habi Kadayawan, now on its second year in partnership with the city government, will take place on August 16.
Celebrities are also expected to grace the festival as there will a mall show of Goyo: Ang Batang Heneral movie on August 16 and on August 19, a Kapuso mall show will also take place at the SM City Davao.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1