Around 300 members of Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RFMB) will augment the security forces deployed by the Davao City Police Office starting this week for the Kadayawan festival.
“We have already conducted a series of meetings and preparations together with the local government unit of Davao City, particularly the Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC),” said Chief Supt. Manuel Gaerlan, the director of Police Regional Office XI.
Gaerlan was interviewed at the sidelines of the turnover of mobile patrol cars and blessing of the newly constructed PRO XI Bagani Hall last Thursday held at Camp Quintin Merecido.
“I have committed to the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) at least 300 members additional warm bodies to augment Kadayawan activities coming from the Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RFMB),” Gaerlan said.
The regional director assured the public that the visitors would enjoy the festival free from any terroristic act.
“I hope this will be an incident-free Kadayawan that will be enjoyed not only by the people of Davao and our guests,” Gaerlan said. “Hoping that they are well-protected and help assistance.”
Meanwhile, he said the Police Regional office XI is in constant coordination with the regional intelligence center, which serves as a hub for exchange of crucial information.
“But you know the most important part of it is the participation of the public,” he said.
In an earlier interview, Benito De Leon, the chief of Public Safety and Command Center (PSSCC), said around 15,000 security forces from the Davao City Police Office, Task force Davao, volunteer police auxiliary, other law enforcement agencies and force multipliers will be deployed in the city for the Kadayawan.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission