A case of multiple and frustrated parricide was filed yesterday against the father who stabbed to death his three children and wounded another on Thursday last week in the Island Garden city of Samal (IGaCos).
Chief Insp Milgrace Driz, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, told TIMES that the case was filed against Joel Novilla Nonoy at the Samal Prosecutors Office around 10 a.m.
The complaint, received by prosecutor Joseph M. Apao, was filed by the suspect’s own wife, Arlene Denoso Nonoy.
The suspect is now detained in the Samal Police Office.
“The (wounded) child will be possibly turned over to City CSSDO in Samal,” Driz said. The mother may also get custody after counseling.
On Thursday, Nonoy stabbed his children, aged between four and 13, inside their house at Purok 1, Barangay San Isidro, Babak District.
Driz, said only the seven-year-old daughter survived.
Based on the initial investigation, the family was abandoned by the mother due to marital problems. The mother claimed that she’s a battered wife.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission