A case of multiple and frustrated parricide was filed yesterday against the father who stabbed to death his three children and wounded another on Thursday last week in the Island Garden city of Samal (IGaCos).
Chief Insp Milgrace Driz, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, told TIMES that the case was filed against Joel Novilla Nonoy at the Samal Prosecutors Office around 10 a.m.
The complaint, received by prosecutor Joseph M. Apao, was filed by the suspect’s own wife, Arlene Denoso Nonoy.
The suspect is now detained in the Samal Police Office.
“The (wounded) child will be possibly turned over to City CSSDO in Samal,” Driz said. The mother may also get custody after counseling.
On Thursday, Nonoy stabbed his children, aged between four and 13, inside their house at Purok 1, Barangay San Isidro, Babak District.
Driz, said only the seven-year-old daughter survived.
Based on the initial investigation, the family was abandoned by the mother due to marital problems. The mother claimed that she’s a battered wife.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon