A case of multiple and frustrated parricide was filed yesterday against the father who stabbed to death his three children and wounded another on Thursday last week in the Island Garden city of Samal (IGaCos).
Chief Insp Milgrace Driz, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, told TIMES that the case was filed against Joel Novilla Nonoy at the Samal Prosecutors Office around 10 a.m.
The complaint, received by prosecutor Joseph M. Apao, was filed by the suspect’s own wife, Arlene Denoso Nonoy.
The suspect is now detained in the Samal Police Office.
“The (wounded) child will be possibly turned over to City CSSDO in Samal,” Driz said. The mother may also get custody after counseling.
On Thursday, Nonoy stabbed his children, aged between four and 13, inside their house at Purok 1, Barangay San Isidro, Babak District.
Driz, said only the seven-year-old daughter survived.
Based on the initial investigation, the family was abandoned by the mother due to marital problems. The mother claimed that she’s a battered wife.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories