The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints (CJCLDS), along with the city government, will hold an exhibit highlighting the importance of family history on Aug. 8-10 and Aug. 13-15 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Sangguniang Panlungsod lobby.
The Family Search also has its own exhibit designed to create a family tree, upload family photos, and store other memories. In the exhibit, consultants will be designated to assist the spectators with their queries like how to create their accounts.
The Family Search has been created as early as 1894 and it has been the most robust genealogical records in the world.
The church group wants to impart that the importance of tracking family history is not bounded by culture, ethnicity, or religious faith.
In the Philippines, it has helped recover genealogical records of calamity-stricken areas such as when Tacloban was hit by typhoon Yolanda, when Mt. Pinatubo exploded, and Bohol was shaken by an earthquake.
Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio will grace the opening of the exhibit since it is an accredited Kadayawan event.
During the exhibit, genealogies of prominent Filipinos including those of Jose Rizal, and former president Fidel Ramos will be displayed. It will showcase local government officials’ family tree which includes Mayor Inday Sara Duterte and Vice Mayor Bernard Al-ag.
In the country, documented family records have been stored in microfilm and digitized images.
The CJCLDS calls the public to participate in the exhibit.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success