Two members of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed following an armed encounter with soldiers and civilian auxiliary force geographical unit (Cafgu) elements at Purok 4, Barangay Oro, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur on Sunday.
Capt. Al Anthony Pueblas, the civil-military operations (CMO) officer of 402nd Infantry Brigade, identified the fatalities as Juan Precioso, 59, and Dondon Montilla, 23, both believed to be members of Guerrilla Front 88, North Central Mindanao Regional Command (NCMRC).
Recovered near their bodies was a 9mm pistol with a magazine loaded with several rounds of ammunition.
Pueblas said government troops lost no time in recovering the bodies and bringing them to the village center where they were identified by residents.
Accordingly, elements of the Tandang Sora Patrol Base, 3rd Platoon, 6th Agusan del Sur Cafgu Active Auxiliary (CAA) Company, under the supervision of the 23rd Infantry Battalion, were conducting security patrol in the area after receiving reports on the presence of the NPA.
He said there was no soldier or militiaman reported hurt in the firefight.
Brig. Gen. Franco Nemesio M. Gacal, commander of 402nd Infantry Brigade, thanked the residents for helping the government in its effort to drive away the NPAs from the communities.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market