Two members of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed following an armed encounter with soldiers and civilian auxiliary force geographical unit (Cafgu) elements at Purok 4, Barangay Oro, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur on Sunday.
Capt. Al Anthony Pueblas, the civil-military operations (CMO) officer of 402nd Infantry Brigade, identified the fatalities as Juan Precioso, 59, and Dondon Montilla, 23, both believed to be members of Guerrilla Front 88, North Central Mindanao Regional Command (NCMRC).
Recovered near their bodies was a 9mm pistol with a magazine loaded with several rounds of ammunition.
Pueblas said government troops lost no time in recovering the bodies and bringing them to the village center where they were identified by residents.
Accordingly, elements of the Tandang Sora Patrol Base, 3rd Platoon, 6th Agusan del Sur Cafgu Active Auxiliary (CAA) Company, under the supervision of the 23rd Infantry Battalion, were conducting security patrol in the area after receiving reports on the presence of the NPA.
He said there was no soldier or militiaman reported hurt in the firefight.
Brig. Gen. Franco Nemesio M. Gacal, commander of 402nd Infantry Brigade, thanked the residents for helping the government in its effort to drive away the NPAs from the communities.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized