The Sangguniang Kabataan Federation is fully supporting the “Oplan Tambay” campaign of the Duterte administration.
Councilor Jaffar Marohomsalic, the youth representative to the City Council, said they already informed all the SK officials in the 182 barangays to educate the youth regarding the directive.
“We have now given instructions to SK chairmen to inform the youth of their barangay on a certain hour, or at 10 p.m., that they should be inside their homes to lessen the chance of getting involved in crimes or to avoid anything negative to happen,” he said.
He also added that they are monitoring closely the youth in the downtown areas.
“For now, the other barangays have already started informing the youth,” he said.
“But in far-flung places usually, they are already in their homes during nighttime. Here in the downtown area, it is common to have loiterers,” he added.
Marohomsalic said the next in their agenda is to draft an ordinance supporting the measure of President Duterte.
He promises to raise it to the plenary in the City Council to have a consensus of the legal basis of this program.
Earlier this month, Marohomsalic took a seat in the legislative body as an ex-officio member for the youth.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021