The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) released the road closure schedules and alternate routes to ensure a smooth flow of traffic amid the anticipated flock of visitors for the different events of the 33rd Kadayawan celebration.
The streets of Bolton, San Pedro and Pichon will have a partial road closure from 12:01 am to 3:59 p.m. and a full road closure from 4 p.m. to 12 midnight for the SMB Beer Plaza from August 10 to 19.
Thirty CTTMO personnel will be designated along the vicinity and adjacent streets.
The traffic plan for the Pahalipay sa Kadayawan from Aug. 16-19 at the San Pedro square includes clearing of vehicles along the road, prohibition of vehicle entry from Bolton Street and Pichon Street, C.M. Recto Street, as well as Rizal and Ponciano streets.
In case of an increase in volume of vehicles along Rizal Street, the CTTMO will regulate vehicles from CM. Recto Street and funnel them toward Bonifacio Street.
For Pahalipay sa Kadayawan from Aug. 18 to 19, all vehicles from C.M. Recto and Ponciano streets will be rerouted to Magsaysay Extension, Madrazo Street, and Quirino Avenue.
For the Indak-Indak sa Kadayawan and Kosplay Kadayawan on Aug. 18 beginning 7 a.m., the parade route will be from Roxas Avenue, left turn to C.M. Recto Street, right turn to Bonifacio Street, left turn to Pelayo Street, then left turn to San Pedro Street.
Alternate routes will be JP Laurel Avenue to Quirino Avenue to MacArthur highway; J.P. Laurel Ave. to R. Castillo Street to L. Garcia Street to Quezon Boulevard to Quimpo Boulevard to MacArthur highway; and J.P. Laurel Avenue to Cabaguio to L. Garcia Street to Quezon Boulevard, then Quimpo Boulevard and finally to MacArthur highway.
Meanwhile, those from the south will take MacArthur highway to Quirino Avenue to J.P. Laurel; MacArthur highway to Magallanes Street to Quezon Boulevard; MacArthur highway to Sandawa road to Quimpo Boulevard; and MacArthur highway to Quimpo Boulevard and Quezon Boulevard.
For the Pamulak sa Kadawayan and Pitik Kadayawan on Aug. 19, starting at 7 a.m., the parade route will be the same with the Indak-Indak. Consequently, the alternate routes remain the same.
Almost 400 CTTMO personnel will man the traffic for each of the major events.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success