The City is 85 percent ready for the 33rd Kadayawan celebration.
“The remaining percentage is just like the setting up of the stage, the venues of the various events and the actual execution already of the activities,” said Tourism Operations Office (CTOO) head Generose Tecson in a recent press conference.
The respective chairs of the various major events for the celebration also gave out the number of contingents for their respective competitions.
As of August 1, the Pamulak sa Kadayawan has four contingents for the Daku (big) category; nine for the Gamay (small) category and four for the Lahi (alternative) category.
Thirteen non-competing (corporate) establishments have already confirmed to participate as well.
For the Pitik Kadayawan, 10 contingents from different places and nearby provinces have also confirmed.
Meanwhile, the Indak-indak sa Kadayawan has 12 confirmed competing contingents — eight for the open category and four for the city-based schools category.
The defending champion for the Indak-indak sa Kadayawan, the Davao City National High School, has also confirmed its participation to defend the title.
This year, the judging for Indak-Indak has been amended.
Judges will lessen focus on the props and put more emphasis on the footwork to give justice as to why it is called “indak-indak” (dance).
They will add a score of 10% more for the street dancing, making it 40% from the previous years’ 30%, and reduce the grand showdown — from the previous celebrations’ score of 70% to just 60% this year.
The organizers for the celebration still urge everyone to participate in the even grander celebration as they will still be entertaining contingents until the opening of the festivity on Aug. 10, Friday.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success