A 16-year-old girl was caught in an anti-drug operation conducted by agents of the Talomo Police Precinct in Barangay 31-D (Roxas Avenue corner Quezon Boulevard) on Saturday afternoon.
Two others, including another female suspect, were arrested in another buy-bust operation conducted by operatives of the same precinct in the same area.
Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, Talomo precinct commander, said the two operations conducted at Barangay 31-D, Poblacion District were in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA XI).
All the arrested suspects are under the drug watch list of Talomo Police Precinct as they operate in Talomo area, aside from Boulevard area.
Lao identified the teenager as alias Kikay (real name withheld), an out-of-school-youth of Purok 5, Sobrecary Street, Bo. Obrero, Brgy. 18-B, Poblacion District.
Lao also identified the two others as Asma Arpa Amalani, 21, female, a vendor of Purok 8-B, corner Roxas Avenue-Quezon Boulevard, Brgy. 31-D; and Jomari Criven Rocero, 20, jobless and resident of South San Juan, Brgy. Centro, Agdao District.
Kikay was arrested in the first operation, conducted in Purok 8, Brgy. 31-D at 3:35 p.m. on Saturday.
Kikay allegedly sold one sachet of shabu to an undercover police in exchange for P500.
At around 4:50 p.m. of that day, Talomo police officers conducted another buy-bust operation in the same place.
It resulted in the arrest of Rocero and Amalani, who allegedly conspired in selling a small-sized sachet believed to contain shabu to a police poseur buyer for P500.
The three suspects are now detained at Talomo Police Precinct pending the filing of charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021