A 16-year-old girl was caught in an anti-drug operation conducted by agents of the Talomo Police Precinct in Barangay 31-D (Roxas Avenue corner Quezon Boulevard) on Saturday afternoon.
Two others, including another female suspect, were arrested in another buy-bust operation conducted by operatives of the same precinct in the same area.
Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, Talomo precinct commander, said the two operations conducted at Barangay 31-D, Poblacion District were in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA XI).
All the arrested suspects are under the drug watch list of Talomo Police Precinct as they operate in Talomo area, aside from Boulevard area.
Lao identified the teenager as alias Kikay (real name withheld), an out-of-school-youth of Purok 5, Sobrecary Street, Bo. Obrero, Brgy. 18-B, Poblacion District.
Lao also identified the two others as Asma Arpa Amalani, 21, female, a vendor of Purok 8-B, corner Roxas Avenue-Quezon Boulevard, Brgy. 31-D; and Jomari Criven Rocero, 20, jobless and resident of South San Juan, Brgy. Centro, Agdao District.
Kikay was arrested in the first operation, conducted in Purok 8, Brgy. 31-D at 3:35 p.m. on Saturday.
Kikay allegedly sold one sachet of shabu to an undercover police in exchange for P500.
At around 4:50 p.m. of that day, Talomo police officers conducted another buy-bust operation in the same place.
It resulted in the arrest of Rocero and Amalani, who allegedly conspired in selling a small-sized sachet believed to contain shabu to a police poseur buyer for P500.
The three suspects are now detained at Talomo Police Precinct pending the filing of charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success