An alleged leader of a gun-for-hire group was killed in a shootout with authorities in Pahamutang, Barangay Matiao, Mati City in Davao Oriental around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Chief Insp Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of the Police Regional office XI, identified him as Antonio Enad Sator.
Reportedly, authorities tried to serve Search Warrant No. 1985 issued by Judge Emmanuel C. Carpio, Executive Judge 11th Judicial Region, Davao City for violation of RA 10591 (illegal gun possession) against the suspect.
However, instead of turning himself in, the suspect allegedly drew his gun and aimed at the personnel.
The suspect was hit several times on the body and rushed to the Davao Oriental Provincial Medical Center.
However, he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Recovered from him were four pieces of short firearms, ammunition, and magazines for different caliber firearms.
The operation was conducted by the joint elements of Criminal Investigation Detection-Davao Oriental Provincial Field Unit, led by Sr. Insp Ireneo Brillantes Jr., Regional Field Unit XI, Regional Intelligence Division, 4th Special Action Battalion (SAB), PNP-Special Action Force and Mati City Police Station.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021