An alleged leader of a gun-for-hire group was killed in a shootout with authorities in Pahamutang, Barangay Matiao, Mati City in Davao Oriental around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Chief Insp Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of the Police Regional office XI, identified him as Antonio Enad Sator.
Reportedly, authorities tried to serve Search Warrant No. 1985 issued by Judge Emmanuel C. Carpio, Executive Judge 11th Judicial Region, Davao City for violation of RA 10591 (illegal gun possession) against the suspect.
However, instead of turning himself in, the suspect allegedly drew his gun and aimed at the personnel.
The suspect was hit several times on the body and rushed to the Davao Oriental Provincial Medical Center.
However, he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Recovered from him were four pieces of short firearms, ammunition, and magazines for different caliber firearms.
The operation was conducted by the joint elements of Criminal Investigation Detection-Davao Oriental Provincial Field Unit, led by Sr. Insp Ireneo Brillantes Jr., Regional Field Unit XI, Regional Intelligence Division, 4th Special Action Battalion (SAB), PNP-Special Action Force and Mati City Police Station.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success