An alleged leader of a gun-for-hire group was killed in a shootout with authorities in Pahamutang, Barangay Matiao, Mati City in Davao Oriental around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Chief Insp Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of the Police Regional office XI, identified him as Antonio Enad Sator.
Reportedly, authorities tried to serve Search Warrant No. 1985 issued by Judge Emmanuel C. Carpio, Executive Judge 11th Judicial Region, Davao City for violation of RA 10591 (illegal gun possession) against the suspect.
However, instead of turning himself in, the suspect allegedly drew his gun and aimed at the personnel.
The suspect was hit several times on the body and rushed to the Davao Oriental Provincial Medical Center.
However, he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Recovered from him were four pieces of short firearms, ammunition, and magazines for different caliber firearms.
The operation was conducted by the joint elements of Criminal Investigation Detection-Davao Oriental Provincial Field Unit, led by Sr. Insp Ireneo Brillantes Jr., Regional Field Unit XI, Regional Intelligence Division, 4th Special Action Battalion (SAB), PNP-Special Action Force and Mati City Police Station.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC