The newly minted Sangguniang Kabataan federation, headed by Jaffar Usman Marohomsalic, is planning to set up a music and arts center to showcase their talents.
Marohomsalic, however, said there has yet been no finite details of the plan as the new group has yet to have a budget of its own as it was just formed a month ago.
The center will serve as venue for the youth in the city so they could hone and showcase their talents as the new youth officials want to closely work with their constituents and the Local Youth Development Council so they can come up with activities to hone their skills as well as train them as first responders to disasters.
Meanwhile, Marohomsalic said the federation is postponing the “Linggo ng Kabataan” commemoration to December so give way to the “Kadayawan sa Dabaw.”
The “Linggo ng Kabataan” is commemorated on August 12, which falls on the “Kadayawan sa Dabaw” week.
Another reason for postponement is the budgetary constraints as the federation is also holding other activities.
The youth group, he added, is also looking at how they can help the authorities stop gangs which have become prevalent.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market