The newly minted Sangguniang Kabataan federation, headed by Jaffar Usman Marohomsalic, is planning to set up a music and arts center to showcase their talents.
Marohomsalic, however, said there has yet been no finite details of the plan as the new group has yet to have a budget of its own as it was just formed a month ago.
The center will serve as venue for the youth in the city so they could hone and showcase their talents as the new youth officials want to closely work with their constituents and the Local Youth Development Council so they can come up with activities to hone their skills as well as train them as first responders to disasters.
Meanwhile, Marohomsalic said the federation is postponing the “Linggo ng Kabataan” commemoration to December so give way to the “Kadayawan sa Dabaw.”
The “Linggo ng Kabataan” is commemorated on August 12, which falls on the “Kadayawan sa Dabaw” week.
Another reason for postponement is the budgetary constraints as the federation is also holding other activities.
The youth group, he added, is also looking at how they can help the authorities stop gangs which have become prevalent.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again