The Police Regional Office (PRO) XI has inaugurated its new function hall and launched its new website and regional data archiving system enhancement.
This developed as the regional office has also distributed new vehicles with 11 given to the Davao del Norte, nine to Davao Oriental, one each for the city, Davao del Sur, Davao Occidental, Compostela Valley and one was retained by the regional office.
In an interview yesterday, Regional Director Chief Supt. Manuel Gaerlan said the hall will serve as “venue for a big events because here in Camp Quintin Merecido we don’t have a hall (and) every time we hold an event with 60 or 80 personnel we have to rent a venue.”
Gaerlan said the new hall will not only for ceremonies but also become a venue for training.
Gaerlan said the P15-million budget used in setting up the new hall came from the national headquarters through the initiative of former chief Ronald Dela Rosa last year.
“It has still the phase two at the back area because the ground is slightly weak so we are requesting for additional funds for it and the beautification of the place,” Gaerlan said.
Nelson Estares of the Office of the President, a former Davao Metropolitan District Command director and regional police commander, was the guest of honor and speaker of the event.
On the new vehicles, Gaerlan said these will help the police units in preserving peace in their respective jurisdictions. “Maintenance and accountability of the drivers that is why we have issued in two persons and they will be responsible in maintaining the patrol vehicles,” he said.
“You are now seeing the improvement of the PNP improvement of facilities and our lift capability which means we can respond fast to the incidents and improvement of technical capability the systems,” he added.
Sr. Supt. Alan Manibog, Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office director, said he was happy as his unit received 11 mobile patrol cars.
“Of course I am happy. This will help our fight against criminality and in our mandate in (preserving) public safety especially in Tagum City (which) will be given three patrol cars.”
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls