Agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI arrested a former barangay captain at his house in Barangay Mabunga, Bansalan, Davao del Sur on Wednesday morning after law enforcers raided his house.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, PDEA XI spokesperson, said Allan Utida, 57, farmer, a former barangay captain of the place, was among the notorious drug pushers in the province.
PDEA agents and members of the local police raided Utida’s house and seized from him seven sachets with varying volumes and weighing about 20 grams in total with a street value of P 300,000.
The raiding team were headed by PDEA XI Director Antonio Rivera, Regional Drug Enforcement Unit Head Ernesto Gregory, 1104th Regional Maneuver Force Battalion Head Kristopher Sabsal and Bansalan Municipal Police Station Chief Rodante Varona.
Utida has been detained at the PDEA detention facility, while the substance seized from him was submitted for laboratory examination.
Meanwhile, investigators were still preparing cases for violation of Section 11, Section 12 and Section 15, Article II of Republic Act 9165 otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 against Utida.
“This serves as a warning to all drug perpetrators operating in Davao Region that Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, Philippine National Police and the community are closely working together and always vigilant in the fight against illegal drugs,” said Rivera.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized