The newly opened mall in Buhangin as well as the impending opening of another will not worsen the traffic situation in the area, said Dionisio Abude, City Transport and Traffic Management Office head.
Abude said what has worsened the already-congested traffic in the area is the road construction which is set to be completed before the opening of the other mall.
Last month, the New City Commercial Center opened its new mall, while the other mall, the Gaisano Grand Mall has yet to open as Abude said its opening will take place after the road construction is completed.
He said he has met with barangay officials, contractor of the road and officials of the soon-to-open mall to discuss the traffic issue.
He added the Gaisano Grand Mall, set to open next month, will have a drop-off point for jeepneys and tricycles at its vicinity.
The bypass road has been also created to allow vehicles bound for Tigatto to pass without going through the main road, he added.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market