The newly opened mall in Buhangin as well as the impending opening of another will not worsen the traffic situation in the area, said Dionisio Abude, City Transport and Traffic Management Office head.
Abude said what has worsened the already-congested traffic in the area is the road construction which is set to be completed before the opening of the other mall.
Last month, the New City Commercial Center opened its new mall, while the other mall, the Gaisano Grand Mall has yet to open as Abude said its opening will take place after the road construction is completed.
He said he has met with barangay officials, contractor of the road and officials of the soon-to-open mall to discuss the traffic issue.
He added the Gaisano Grand Mall, set to open next month, will have a drop-off point for jeepneys and tricycles at its vicinity.
The bypass road has been also created to allow vehicles bound for Tigatto to pass without going through the main road, he added.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission