A taxicab driver died after he was stabbed by an unidentified perpetrator in Upper Ilang around 4 a.m. of August 2.
Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victim as Joel C. Derecho, 39, a driver of STC Taxi and a resident of Purok 2, New Visayas, Panabo City as stated in his driver’s license.
PO1 Rene Cudada of the Mobile Patrol Unit saw the victim bathed in his own blood as he was slumped along the road. The victim managed to narrate that he was stabbed by an unidentified suspect who escaped toward the inner portion of Ababo compound in Upper Ilang.
The victim was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival by his attending physician.
The Bunawan police are still conducting a follow-up operation for the identity and possible apprehension of the suspect.
Gaspan said the victim sustained stab wounds on his neck and on his sides.
“(His things) are intact. The money and cellular phone are still there,” she said. “The possible motive is personal grudge.”
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art