A taxicab driver died after he was stabbed by an unidentified perpetrator in Upper Ilang around 4 a.m. of August 2.
Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victim as Joel C. Derecho, 39, a driver of STC Taxi and a resident of Purok 2, New Visayas, Panabo City as stated in his driver’s license.
PO1 Rene Cudada of the Mobile Patrol Unit saw the victim bathed in his own blood as he was slumped along the road. The victim managed to narrate that he was stabbed by an unidentified suspect who escaped toward the inner portion of Ababo compound in Upper Ilang.
The victim was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival by his attending physician.
The Bunawan police are still conducting a follow-up operation for the identity and possible apprehension of the suspect.
Gaspan said the victim sustained stab wounds on his neck and on his sides.
“(His things) are intact. The money and cellular phone are still there,” she said. “The possible motive is personal grudge.”
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories