A taxicab driver died after he was stabbed by an unidentified perpetrator in Upper Ilang around 4 a.m. of August 2.
Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victim as Joel C. Derecho, 39, a driver of STC Taxi and a resident of Purok 2, New Visayas, Panabo City as stated in his driver’s license.
PO1 Rene Cudada of the Mobile Patrol Unit saw the victim bathed in his own blood as he was slumped along the road. The victim managed to narrate that he was stabbed by an unidentified suspect who escaped toward the inner portion of Ababo compound in Upper Ilang.
The victim was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival by his attending physician.
The Bunawan police are still conducting a follow-up operation for the identity and possible apprehension of the suspect.
Gaspan said the victim sustained stab wounds on his neck and on his sides.
“(His things) are intact. The money and cellular phone are still there,” she said. “The possible motive is personal grudge.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success