The Regional Crime Laboratory XI yesterday said the chopped up remains found in two different locations in Barangay Cabantian and near Camella Northpoint at the Buhangin flyover belonged to one person.
This was confirmed by Chief Insp. Nolan Genova, the medico-legal officer of PNP Crime Laboratory XI.
Genova said the still unidentified victim most likely died from blunt trauma to the head. She was estimated to be around 5-feet tall although her age has yet to be determined. She was wearing a pair of brown shorts and pink underwear.
“There is no indication that she was raped,” he added. “I already took DNA sample for determination, as well as post-mortem fingerprint.
Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum, Davao City Police Office director, said in an interview with reporters on Tuesday that the chopped remains were just dumped in the city.
“We are looking at all angles, that is why we are intensifying the conduct of a mobile checkpoint operation to ensure that this kind of crime will not happen in the city,” Tagum said. “Until now, we haven’t identified the victim.”
Police are still facing a blank wall on the case as they also could not see any of the persons who dumped the sack containing the body parts after reviewing the CCTV footage. The sack was found by garbage collectors on Sunday.
Earlier, the mystery of victim’s identity appeared to have been solved when a father turned up at the police station to claim the body as his own daughter, a 31-year-old with special needs who went missing.
The daughter was eventually found in Compostela Valley.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos