An Eight-room boarding house was razed by a fire at Mahogani Street, S.I.R. Phase 1 at 3:02 p.m. on Wednesday.
Senior Fire Officer 2 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigator of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, said the two-story building was owned by Noemi Najera.
“The second floor, made of light materials with eight rooms and fully occupied, was totally damaged by the fire, while the ground floor which was made of semi-concrete materials with two rooms had incurred water damage only,” Gillado said.
He said the origin of the fire was the overheating rice cooker at the second floor, particularly at the kitchen area.
The fire was already under control at 3:18 p.m. and a fire-out was declared around 3:30 p.m.
There was no reported casualty during the fire. The Bureau of Fire estimated the damage of the fire at P200,000.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories