An Eight-room boarding house was razed by a fire at Mahogani Street, S.I.R. Phase 1 at 3:02 p.m. on Wednesday.
Senior Fire Officer 2 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigator of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, said the two-story building was owned by Noemi Najera.
“The second floor, made of light materials with eight rooms and fully occupied, was totally damaged by the fire, while the ground floor which was made of semi-concrete materials with two rooms had incurred water damage only,” Gillado said.
He said the origin of the fire was the overheating rice cooker at the second floor, particularly at the kitchen area.
The fire was already under control at 3:18 p.m. and a fire-out was declared around 3:30 p.m.
There was no reported casualty during the fire. The Bureau of Fire estimated the damage of the fire at P200,000.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission