The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) bagged the two awards from the Philippine National Police (PNP) for the Best City Police Office and Best City Mobile Force Company in the country.
The city police office will receive the award this coming Aug. 8, 2018 in line with the celebration of PNP’s 117th anniversary at the national headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
Among the nominees were the Angeles City Police Office and Iligan City Police Office.
In an interview with reporters on Wednesday at the sidelines of the launching of Clean Rider sticker program at Rizal Park, city police office director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum credited the 24/7 intensified checkpoint operations, police visibility, deployment of volunteer police auxiliary, inter-operability operations, and other activities like Oplan Kalinaw.
He also credited the support of the local government, led by Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, business sector, and other stakeholders.
“This will continue,” he said. “We have not yet achieved the peak. The struggle continues to achieve peace and order as much as possible so that we can freely walk around the streets without fear,” he added.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories