The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) bagged the two awards from the Philippine National Police (PNP) for the Best City Police Office and Best City Mobile Force Company in the country.
The city police office will receive the award this coming Aug. 8, 2018 in line with the celebration of PNP’s 117th anniversary at the national headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
Among the nominees were the Angeles City Police Office and Iligan City Police Office.
In an interview with reporters on Wednesday at the sidelines of the launching of Clean Rider sticker program at Rizal Park, city police office director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum credited the 24/7 intensified checkpoint operations, police visibility, deployment of volunteer police auxiliary, inter-operability operations, and other activities like Oplan Kalinaw.
He also credited the support of the local government, led by Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, business sector, and other stakeholders.
“This will continue,” he said. “We have not yet achieved the peak. The struggle continues to achieve peace and order as much as possible so that we can freely walk around the streets without fear,” he added.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos