The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) bagged the two awards from the Philippine National Police (PNP) for the Best City Police Office and Best City Mobile Force Company in the country.
The city police office will receive the award this coming Aug. 8, 2018 in line with the celebration of PNP’s 117th anniversary at the national headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
Among the nominees were the Angeles City Police Office and Iligan City Police Office.
In an interview with reporters on Wednesday at the sidelines of the launching of Clean Rider sticker program at Rizal Park, city police office director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum credited the 24/7 intensified checkpoint operations, police visibility, deployment of volunteer police auxiliary, inter-operability operations, and other activities like Oplan Kalinaw.
He also credited the support of the local government, led by Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, business sector, and other stakeholders.
“This will continue,” he said. “We have not yet achieved the peak. The struggle continues to achieve peace and order as much as possible so that we can freely walk around the streets without fear,” he added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success