An alleged member of the Bangsamoro Islamic Armed Forces was arrested by personnel of the Task Force Davao and the Toril police at the checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District around 10:15 a.m. August 1.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of Task Force Davao, identified him to TIMES as Alidin Mamalinta, 22, single, resident of Cotabato City.
According to the report, members of Task Force Davao, led by Pfc Cantoria, and a team from the Toril police, led by PO1 Allen Jason Mabano, were conducting a checkpoint operation at the light vehicle inspection area at Crossing Sirawan when they intercepted Mamalinta for gun possession without the necessary permit.
Intercepted from his possession were one .45 caliber pistol with serial number 925278 and two magazines with 10 live ammunition.
The suspect was on board a Mazda Elf with temporary plate number 1201-396718 coming from Cotabato City.
“They saw a portion of the gun, whic was covered by a jacket,” Mempin said.
He was turned over to the Toril Police Precinct to face a charge in violation of RA 10591 (Illegal possession of firearms).
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories