An alleged member of the Bangsamoro Islamic Armed Forces was arrested by personnel of the Task Force Davao and the Toril police at the checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District around 10:15 a.m. August 1.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of Task Force Davao, identified him to TIMES as Alidin Mamalinta, 22, single, resident of Cotabato City.
According to the report, members of Task Force Davao, led by Pfc Cantoria, and a team from the Toril police, led by PO1 Allen Jason Mabano, were conducting a checkpoint operation at the light vehicle inspection area at Crossing Sirawan when they intercepted Mamalinta for gun possession without the necessary permit.
Intercepted from his possession were one .45 caliber pistol with serial number 925278 and two magazines with 10 live ammunition.
The suspect was on board a Mazda Elf with temporary plate number 1201-396718 coming from Cotabato City.
“They saw a portion of the gun, whic was covered by a jacket,” Mempin said.
He was turned over to the Toril Police Precinct to face a charge in violation of RA 10591 (Illegal possession of firearms).
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success