A staff of Sec. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go went into a coma after he allegedly committed suicide inside the Office of the Special Assistant to the President (OSAP) on Veloso Street, Barangay 20-B, Poblacion District the morning of September 30.
Chief Insp. Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana Police Precinct, said Leo Angelo Aranas Apara, 38, single, and resident of Matina Gravahan in Barangay Matina Crossing, Talomo District, shot himself inside the stockroom of the OSAP in Bo. Obrero.
According to the testimony of officemate Lourdes Avenido Gonzales, 43, a resident of Mintal, the victim went inside the stock room of their office. After that, they heard a lone gun burst at around 11 a.m. yesterday.
They allegedly found the victim covered in blood, seating on the boxes. This prompted them to seek assistance.
Immediately, they transported the victim to San Pedro Hospital for immediate medical intervention.
Officemates and even his domestic partner said they did not notice that the victim was facing a severe problem or have a conflict with anybody.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) team led by Chief Insp Armando F. Galigo recovered a. 38 caliber revolver, bearing serial #ZL99769, loaded with four live bullet and one spent bullet.
Investigation revealed that the victim sustained a lone gunshot wound at his head.
The victim is now at the emergency room of San Pedro Hospital.
In a statement, Go confirmed Apara is one of his trusted staff members tasked to focus on giving assistance to individuals seeking medical assistance.
Apara is said to be a City Hall-paid employee assigned at OSAP.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled