A police officer assigned at the Sulop municipal police station was arrested by his colleagues during a manhunt operation yesterday morning in Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, said PO1 Al Camporedondo, 36, was arrested based on a warrant for violation of RA 9262 (the special law that defines acts of violence against women and their children).
Judge Carmelita Davin of Regional Trial Court Branch 19 in Digos City issued the warrant.
Driz said the suspect was arrested through the manhunt operation conducted by Digos city police station in Jose Abad Santos, Zone 3, Digos City at 10:48 a.m. yesterday.
But Camporedondo was immediately released yesterday after posting a P24,000 bail.
Driz said Camporedondo’s wife and complainant went home to Bicol following a spat with her policeman-husband.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories