A police officer assigned at the Sulop municipal police station was arrested by his colleagues during a manhunt operation yesterday morning in Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, said PO1 Al Camporedondo, 36, was arrested based on a warrant for violation of RA 9262 (the special law that defines acts of violence against women and their children).
Judge Carmelita Davin of Regional Trial Court Branch 19 in Digos City issued the warrant.
Driz said the suspect was arrested through the manhunt operation conducted by Digos city police station in Jose Abad Santos, Zone 3, Digos City at 10:48 a.m. yesterday.
But Camporedondo was immediately released yesterday after posting a P24,000 bail.
Driz said Camporedondo’s wife and complainant went home to Bicol following a spat with her policeman-husband.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission