A police officer assigned at the Sulop municipal police station was arrested by his colleagues during a manhunt operation yesterday morning in Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, said PO1 Al Camporedondo, 36, was arrested based on a warrant for violation of RA 9262 (the special law that defines acts of violence against women and their children).
Judge Carmelita Davin of Regional Trial Court Branch 19 in Digos City issued the warrant.
Driz said the suspect was arrested through the manhunt operation conducted by Digos city police station in Jose Abad Santos, Zone 3, Digos City at 10:48 a.m. yesterday.
But Camporedondo was immediately released yesterday after posting a P24,000 bail.
Driz said Camporedondo’s wife and complainant went home to Bicol following a spat with her policeman-husband.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF