Twenty-seven former rebels and supporters who returned to the folds of the law are now undergoing skills training in Barangay Dominga, Calinan District.
Lt. Col. Darren Comia, the commander of the 16th Infantry Battalion, said they are studying Service Automotive Electrical Components leading to Automotive Servicing, with a TESDA National Certificate (NC) II.
Comia told TIMES that the 10-day training started last July 26.
The Service Automotive Electrical Components is a specialization in the field of automotive service. The training will tackle matters on basic electrical theory, automotive electrical systems repair, and repair on automotive electrical parts.
The training is an effort of the 16th IB (Maglilingkod) in partnership with the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), Department of Social and Welfare Development (DSWD) and Peace 911.
The community-based program aims to reach out to former rebels as part of their reintegration to the society.
In his message during the opening ceremony, Tesda provincial director Engr. Nestor Tabada said “Tesda really wants to reach out to poor communities by giving community-based skills and training so that everybody can avail of the program of the government that can be used to uplift the living conditions of everybody.”
Lt. Col. Darren Comia, the battalion commander, said the collaborative effort of all the concerned government agencies paved the way for opening of opportunities to constituents in the conflict-affected areas.
“The government is helping our former rebels,” Comia said. “We are encouraging those former rebels to help themselves benefit of not only their families but also the constituents as well.”
Lawyer Eliza Lapina, the focal person of the Peace 911, said Mayor Sara Duterte and the city government are all geared towards the human and economic development in Paquibato District.
“The city government of Davao City, through Peace 911, is in full swing in delivering much needed government services to the people of Paquibato District in collaboration with key partners on the ground like the 16th and 89th IBs,” Lapina said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF