Personnel of the San Pedro Police Precinct detained a 17-year-old student as he was tagged in the stabbing of a grade 12 student of the Davao City National High School last Friday.
On July 27, around 12:30 p.m., Lowee D. Malayao, 18, a grade 12 student and resident of Tahimik, Avenue in Matina was stabbed by a minor alias Jun-jun.
Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said that at around 4:45 p.m. of July 27, members of the Investigation and Intelligence Section of the precinct led by SPO1 Vivencio Jumawan, conducted a manhunt operation at Truscon road, Nacilla Village in Bugac, Barangay Ma-a.
Gaspan said the manhunt operation resulted in the arrest of the suspect who was a resident of the said area.
Upon verification, they found out that the suspect was just 17 years old as he was born on March 20, 2001.
He was referred to Women and Children’s Protection Desk.
Reportedly, the suspect and victim had an argument when they were caught gambling by the teacher.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB