Personnel of the San Pedro Police Precinct detained a 17-year-old student as he was tagged in the stabbing of a grade 12 student of the Davao City National High School last Friday.
On July 27, around 12:30 p.m., Lowee D. Malayao, 18, a grade 12 student and resident of Tahimik, Avenue in Matina was stabbed by a minor alias Jun-jun.
Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said that at around 4:45 p.m. of July 27, members of the Investigation and Intelligence Section of the precinct led by SPO1 Vivencio Jumawan, conducted a manhunt operation at Truscon road, Nacilla Village in Bugac, Barangay Ma-a.
Gaspan said the manhunt operation resulted in the arrest of the suspect who was a resident of the said area.
Upon verification, they found out that the suspect was just 17 years old as he was born on March 20, 2001.
He was referred to Women and Children’s Protection Desk.
Reportedly, the suspect and victim had an argument when they were caught gambling by the teacher.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF