The City Social Services Division Office (CSSDO) handed out financial assistance to the victims of the fire incident which razed 60 houses at Sammy Uy Village, Km. 11, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District on July 18.
The payout of the financial assistance was scheduled last July 27.
Maria Luisa Bermudo, CSSDO chief, relayed that 34 house owners received P10,000 each. Eleven renting families were given with P5,000 and 14 affected individuals, including boarders, were given P2,000 each.
Bermudo added that the city government gave a total of P430,000 for the fire victims.
Reported damage of the fire was estimated to be P1 million. Investigators pointed at the overheating ceiling fan as the main cause. The flames quickly spread since the houses were made of light materials.
Last week, the city government also provided aid to flood victims.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat