The City Social Services Division Office (CSSDO) handed out financial assistance to the victims of the fire incident which razed 60 houses at Sammy Uy Village, Km. 11, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District on July 18.
The payout of the financial assistance was scheduled last July 27.
Maria Luisa Bermudo, CSSDO chief, relayed that 34 house owners received P10,000 each. Eleven renting families were given with P5,000 and 14 affected individuals, including boarders, were given P2,000 each.
Bermudo added that the city government gave a total of P430,000 for the fire victims.
Reported damage of the fire was estimated to be P1 million. Investigators pointed at the overheating ceiling fan as the main cause. The flames quickly spread since the houses were made of light materials.
Last week, the city government also provided aid to flood victims.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories