Mayor Sara Duterte clarifies that Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP) is just a regional party in Davao and is not yet to accept member-politicians from other regions.
“We did not foresee this growing interest of other politicians from other regions. It will be a difficult decision to go national and I am not ready to decide on it right now,” Duterte said.
The mayor, in a statement to the media, said the creation of HNP was just meant to create a stronger Davao Region and going national is a decision yet to be made.
She, however, mentioned that they are up for alliances among other parties in other regions.
“We are set to create alliances with other groups to help each other,” the mayor said.
She furthered clarified that there are no talks among national parties yet, only local regions.
The HNP created a buzz among politicians all over the country when then Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez alleged that Mayor Duterte, the first daughter of President Rodrigo Duterte, is an opposition for creating another political party that would eventually rival the ruling Partido ng Demokratikong-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban).
Alvarez was recently ousted from his post, and Sara was tagged to have a direct influence in the change of leadership at the Lower House.
Ahead of the 2019 midterm elections, the HNP party is joined by other politicians in Davao Region including Davao del Norte Gov. Anthony Del Rosario, Davao Oriental Gov. Nelson Dayanghirang, Davao Occidental Gov. Claude Bautista, and Compostela Valley Gov. Jayvee Tyron Uy.
Among the Davao provinces, only Davao del Sur Gov. Douglas Cagas did not get himself affiliated in the regional party.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission