Elements of the 29th Infantry Battalion has overrun another NPA camp following an encounter at Sitio Cogon-Cogon, Barangay Tagmamarkay, Tubay, Agusan del Norte around 2:20 p.m. on July 26.
Capt. Al Anthony Pueblas, the civil-military operations officer of the 402nd Infantry Brigade, told TIMES that the 29th IB encountered an undetermined number of NPAs under SPP16A, Guerilla Front Committee 16, North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee.
The troops were reportedly responding to the report by residents about NPA presence in the community.
The skirmish, he said, lasted for about 20 minutes and resulted in the capture of the NPA’s camp, the recovery of one high-powered firearm AK-47 loaded with 30 rounds of live ammunition, one improvised explosive device (landmine), 100-meter tripwire, one backpack and personal belongings.
In a statement, Brig. Gen. Franco Nemesio Gacal, the brigade commander, said the successful combat operation was a result of the local community’s support.
Gacal also lauded the troops for the successful military operation.
“Our operations against the NPA terrorists will be relentless,” he said. “We will pursue them right at the heart of their guerrilla bases.”
“The communities have already voiced out against the continued presence of the NPA terrorists as this terrorist group has only brought misery and suffering in their locality,” the brigade commander said.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange