Elements of the 29th Infantry Battalion has overrun another NPA camp following an encounter at Sitio Cogon-Cogon, Barangay Tagmamarkay, Tubay, Agusan del Norte around 2:20 p.m. on July 26.
Capt. Al Anthony Pueblas, the civil-military operations officer of the 402nd Infantry Brigade, told TIMES that the 29th IB encountered an undetermined number of NPAs under SPP16A, Guerilla Front Committee 16, North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee.
The troops were reportedly responding to the report by residents about NPA presence in the community.
The skirmish, he said, lasted for about 20 minutes and resulted in the capture of the NPA’s camp, the recovery of one high-powered firearm AK-47 loaded with 30 rounds of live ammunition, one improvised explosive device (landmine), 100-meter tripwire, one backpack and personal belongings.
In a statement, Brig. Gen. Franco Nemesio Gacal, the brigade commander, said the successful combat operation was a result of the local community’s support.
Gacal also lauded the troops for the successful military operation.
“Our operations against the NPA terrorists will be relentless,” he said. “We will pursue them right at the heart of their guerrilla bases.”
“The communities have already voiced out against the continued presence of the NPA terrorists as this terrorist group has only brought misery and suffering in their locality,” the brigade commander said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021