A chopped UP body of a woman was found dumped in Barangay Cabantian, Buhangin District early yesterday morning.
A report from the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) said Ranel Somayang Paña, 37, a garbage collector of the City Environment and Resources Office (Cenro) discovered the garbage bag in front of Pag-asa Pawnshop along Cabantian Road at 5:45 a.m.
The Cenro cleaners immediately sought police assistance after finding that the bag contained body parts.
Case investigators SPO1 Ian Irvin Fernandez and PO3 Alex Niño Domagas responded. They brought the chopped up body to the Angel Funeral Homes along F. Torres Street.
Investigators could not yet determine the height and age of the victim.
The body was dismembered, with the head, and both arms and legs missing from the body.
The lower portion of her stomach down to the thigh is still missing.
The tracker team of the Buhangin Police Precinct is now conducting follow-up investigation for possible identification of the victim and apprehension of the perpetrators.
DCPO spokesperson Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan said they have already directed all precinct commanders to coordinate with their barangay chairs to trace if there’s a missing person in their area.
Gaspan said they are reviewing footage of the closed-circuit television (CCTV) caught in the place where the body was found.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market