Close to 500 new police volunteers of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) have already been deployed to the city’s 12 police precincts.
On Wednesday, DCPO director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum and retired army general Benito de Leon, the chief of Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC), spearheaded the graduation and send off ceremony of the 497 recruits held at Camp Leonor Domingo along San Pedro Street.
“We thank Mayor Sara Duterte Carpio for the continued support to the Davao City Police Office and our programs for police auxiliary that serve as additional force so we can strengthen the security and safety of the city,” Tagum told reporters at the sideline of the ceremony.
The police auxiliary will receive regular monthly allowance of P6,000 as job-order employees of City Hall.
“Their food will also be shouldered by the police precincts and the city government also promised to give them a health benefit that will be implemented before the end of the year,” Tagum said.
The DCPO chief said the presence of additional auxiliary cops will certainly decrease the crime rate, as it has been proven in the previous months.
Tagum said the volunteers will serve as the eyes and ears of the police, especially in the barangay.
If suspicious individuals or group s enter in their community, they are the very first to report to the police, Tagum said. With this, the police can easily monitor if there terrorists and criminals who are in the city.
“We can say that we have tightened our security measures in the city,” he said.
Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the DCPO spokesperson, said the police auxiliary underwent five-day law enforcement training.
With the additional number, the DCPO now has at least 1,400 police volunteers.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat