Around 160 officers and personnel of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) underwent a random drug test yesterday at Camp Leonor Domingo to internally check for possible illegal drug use.
City Police Office director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum, said that around 150 command group and staff, all precinct commanders and all members of the Drug Enforcement Units (DEU) underwent the surprise drug test conducted by the PNP Regional Crime Laboratory and supervised by the City Internal Affairs office.
“This to ensure that there are no inferior personnel among our lead elements on the war against drugs,” he said.
“It is part on our internal cleansing so that those personnel who are using illegally drug substance will be weeded out and identified,” he added.
Tagum said that his office does not tolerate members using illegal drugs and he will make sure that anyone caught using it will be out of the service and be treated just like any criminal.
The city police director is still waiting for the results of the test.
The DCPO is composed of more than 1,800 PNP personnel and officers with 12 police precincts.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange