The Police Regional Office (PRO) XI will launch tomorrow the Oplan Clean Riders, a campaign aimed at running after those using motorcycles in committing crimes.
“This (campaign) is a new implementation plan for the PNP (Philippine National Office) in order to address criminalities and involving motorcycle riding suspects,” Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, PRO XI spokesperson, said during the AFP-PNP press briefing at the Royal Mandaya hotel.
The campaign, which is a nationwide undertaking, will also be simultaneously launched in the provinces with Chief Supt Manuel Gaerlan, director of PRO XI, leading the one in Davao del Norte.
As part of the campaign, members of the police will distribute stickers to those owning motorcycles with 269,063 stickers to be initially distributed in the region for free, Driz said.
An owner of a motorcycle will get two stickers, one that will be taped onto his or her license, while the other on his or her motorcycle. When they are flagged down by law enforcers, they must show that the stickers on their licenses match those on the motorcycle they are using. To secure the stickers, a motorcycle must present documents like the original registration and certificate of registration, driver’s license and two government-issued identification cards.
This new campaign, she said, will complement other programs, including an information technology management system, a database both of owners of motorcycles. “So your information (upon availing of the stickers) will be recorded in the database in coordination with the Land Transportation Office (LTO), Regional Highway patrol Unit (RHPU).”
The stickers will have security codes so that they cannot be faked.
Law enforcers can also validate whether the motorcycles being used were not stolen and used in crimes.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange