There was no regular session at the city council last July 24.
The session was forgone as almost one-third of its members are still in Manila, a day after attending the State of the Nation (SONA) of President Rodrigo Duterte who once presided the city council.
Seven councilors reportedly attended the SONA.
On official business to attend the third SONA are Al Ryan Alejandre, Ma. Cherry Ann Bonguyan, Antoinette Principe-Castrodes, Jimmy Dureza, Avegayle Dalodo-Ortiz, and Mary Joselle Villafuerte.
Most of those who attended this year’s SONA were first-timers.
Vice Mayor Bernard Al-Ag gave the slots to those who were not able to attend the first two SONAs of the president, a long-time city mayor who once elected as vice-mayor and presided the city council from 2010 to 2013.
The regular session will resume next Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
The councilors are expected to convene for four regular sessions per month. For July, they have already completed three regular sessions.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy