There was no regular session at the city council last July 24.
The session was forgone as almost one-third of its members are still in Manila, a day after attending the State of the Nation (SONA) of President Rodrigo Duterte who once presided the city council.
Seven councilors reportedly attended the SONA.
On official business to attend the third SONA are Al Ryan Alejandre, Ma. Cherry Ann Bonguyan, Antoinette Principe-Castrodes, Jimmy Dureza, Avegayle Dalodo-Ortiz, and Mary Joselle Villafuerte.
Most of those who attended this year’s SONA were first-timers.
Vice Mayor Bernard Al-Ag gave the slots to those who were not able to attend the first two SONAs of the president, a long-time city mayor who once elected as vice-mayor and presided the city council from 2010 to 2013.
The regular session will resume next Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
The councilors are expected to convene for four regular sessions per month. For July, they have already completed three regular sessions.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories