There was no regular session at the city council last July 24.
The session was forgone as almost one-third of its members are still in Manila, a day after attending the State of the Nation (SONA) of President Rodrigo Duterte who once presided the city council.
Seven councilors reportedly attended the SONA.
On official business to attend the third SONA are Al Ryan Alejandre, Ma. Cherry Ann Bonguyan, Antoinette Principe-Castrodes, Jimmy Dureza, Avegayle Dalodo-Ortiz, and Mary Joselle Villafuerte.
Most of those who attended this year’s SONA were first-timers.
Vice Mayor Bernard Al-Ag gave the slots to those who were not able to attend the first two SONAs of the president, a long-time city mayor who once elected as vice-mayor and presided the city council from 2010 to 2013.
The regular session will resume next Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
The councilors are expected to convene for four regular sessions per month. For July, they have already completed three regular sessions.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange