The Eastern Mindanao Command commended the local government of Lianga for establishing the Incident Command Post, which manages the different interventions for the Lumads who have been staying in Diatagon gymnasium in Lianga, Surigao Sur since July 15.
Maj. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the command post will synchronize assistance, and document and organize the interventions being made by different organizations, both government and non-government, and allow the Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council to closely attend to the needs of the gathered IPs.
According to local authorities, a group of residents from the largely IP community was lured into going to the municipal town center because they will be harassed by the military and with a promise of food support from the LGU.
“This deceptive mobilization disturbed the normal living and adds misery and suffering to the IPs,” Balagtey said.
“These IPs were not affected by any man-made nor natural calamity, contrary to allegations, for there was no military operation going on in the area as of this date,” he added.
Moreover, the detachment being established in Km. 9, which accordingly is being protested by the group, was requested by the community through a resolution by the Municipal and Barangay Peace and Order Council of Lianga and Diatagon, respectively, in order to secure the delivery of basic services of the LGU in the area.
With this, Lt. Gen. Benjamin Madrigal, the commander of EastMinCom, said called on all organizations that intend to assist, cover and interview the IP “to coordinate with the established Incident Command Post as part of the protocol for disaster management.”
In relation to Republic Act 10121 or Disaster Management Act, the participation or presence of the soldiers in the Incident Command Post is to assist the concerned LGU, particularly, in security and manpower assistance.
“With this, we are assuring everyone that our soldiers will be carrying out this mandate with due respect to human rights and adherence to International Humanitarian Law,” Madrigal said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF