The last body recovered at the burnt NCCC Mall is still unclaimed two weeks after it was found.
Authorities are still waiting for relatives to claim the remains.
Not even a single missing person report was filed before the Talomo Police District since the body was found on July 11, station commander Chief Insp. Ronald Lao said.
Lao’s agents are still conducting further investigation as the crime scene is now slowly being demolished.
The man was not a victim of the Dec. 23 fire that killed 38 persons, said Chief Insp. Nolan Genova, the medico legal of the PNP crime Laboratory XI.
“Kung kasama sya dun dapat skeleton na lang lahat ng remains,” Genova said.
Genova said examination result showed that the man died 12 to 16 days from the time that he was found.
Genova said the body was already in the advance stage of decomposition.
The face was burned and the back of his body, as well.
Genova said the man could be 25 to 35 years old, and standing 5’4″ to 5’7.”
The man was wearing a red polo shirt, maong pants and unisilver wrist watch when he was found at the third floor of the building where the December fire started.
Lao earlier said there is a probability that the victim was a worker of the demolition team.
The police station commander said the demolition team was already operating at the mall by the time that the crime could have happened — sometime in the last week of June up to the first week of July.
The body was found on July 11, six months after the fire, by a laborer named Rudy Manatad.
The DM Consunji, Inc. (DMCI), through Asdec Builders, started on May 19 the four-month demolition of the NCCC Mall.
The Talomo Police are still tracing some of the 22 former laborers who were relieved, transferred or fired from work.
There are at least 300 laborers currently working on site.
The NCCC Mall was burned on Dec. 23, 2017, killing 37 call center agents and one NCCC Mall security officer. All were already claimed.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF