An alleged drug pusher was arrested by the Talomo police in a buy-bust operation conducted at Descuatan Street, Kalye Lahat Pogi, Purok 11, Barangay Lubogan, Toril at 10:15 p.m. on Monday.
Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, the precinct commander identified the suspect as Franc Gerald L. Garcia, 33, jobless and a transient resident of the place.
The operation was done in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI.
Lao said the suspect was arrested after he handed one plastic cellophane containing suspected dried marijuana leaves w/ fruiting tops in exchange for the P500 to a police officer who posed as poseur buyer.
Also seized from his possession were one Jansport sling bag with five self-sealing transparent plastics containing suspected marijuana leaves, one cell phone, one metal pipe, and P1,380 in cash. All the drug contraband had an estimated street value of P5,500.
The suspect is now in the custody the Talomo police as he awaits the case to be filed against him for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission