Singer Ogie Alcasid expressed his gratitude to Davao for hosting the first leg of his 30th anniversary nationwide concert tour, dubbed OA na Tour, on Saturday
Alcasid performed to a jam-packed RMC Gymnasium as he looked back to his songs that became part of every Filipino’s heart – from the millennials to the titas and titos and even the grannies.
The whole stretch of the concert was filled with nostalgia as the hitmaker recalled his musical journey for three decades, starting with his 1989 signature hit Nandito Ako from his self-titled album to songs in his latest, his 24th album, Nakakalokal.
Other famous songs Ogie performed included “Sa Kanya,” “Hanggang Ngayon,” “Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang,” “Wag Ka Lang Mawawala.”
Ogie also performed his composition “Ikaw ang Aking Pangarap,” a song popularized by Martin Nievera for the teleserye “Lobo.”
Ogie also made the crowd move to the groove of the 70s like Rock Baby Rock and other dancing hits for the finale of the concert.
Ogie’s special guests included Lara Maigue, a classical singer and songwriter; Davey Langit, singer/songwriter of the Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs winner Dalawang Letra; and her daughter, Leila Alcasid, who just launched her first single entitled Completely In Love.
Produced by ATeam, Red Velvet Events and Productions, and the Philippine King Cobra (Banakon) Chapter, the concert proceeds will benefit Lighthouse 213 Foundation, Inc., Davao Beehive Foundation, Inc. and the scholars of Philippine King Cobra (Banakon) Chapter, GGOKCS, Philippines.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF