Authorities confiscated P60,000 worth of shabu from a passenger inside a public bus at a checkpoint in Barangay Lasang, Bunawan district, Wednesday night.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of Task Force Davao, identified the suspect at Wilnor Justo, 41, married and a resident of Purok 3, Magdum, Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
Mempin said his unit’s Task Group Lawin led by CAA II Almer Vilando arrested Justo for possessing eight sachets of shabu that weighed four grams with an estimated street value of P60,000, around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
He was on board a Metro Shuttle Bus, body number 337, coming from Tagum City on its way to this city.
“During inspection, the subject was noticed by the inspector to be uneasy,” Mempin said.
This prompted CAA II Arman Lopez to request the suspect to show the content of his right pocket.
The TFD agent found on the suspect’s wallet the eight sachets of shabu.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online