Twenty persons, mostly with warrants of arrest, were apprehended by the authorities in the latest round of Oplan Kalinaw in different urban poor areas of the city on Thursday.
Davao City Police Office (DCPO) director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum said the operations also resulted in the identity and profiling of 1,017 residents, including 99 individuals who have no identification cards.
Tagum identified the arrested fugitives as Carmelo Ocoy (rape), Jose Rugay (violence against women and their children), Alex Balansag (violence against women and their children), Airyn Joy Mabano (child abuse), Emmanuel Diestro (child abuse), Louie dela Cerna Garcia (child abuse), Jerry Serrano (child abuse), Alvin Extender (illegal possession of firearm), Ronicole Majadas (illegal possession of firearm), Regine Mae Madelo (slight physical injury), Lilybeth Alivio (trust receipt law), Marichu Jane Violan (trust receipt law), Alejandro Brigole (attempted homicide), Alvin Niervida (SSS Law), Eugenio Calipes (SSS law), Jay Angcoy (illegal gambling), Henry Igana (illegal gambling), Aries Hernandez (acts of lasciviousness ), Rolito Verano (less serious physical injuries), and Eric Cortez (frustrated homicide).
Tagum said 1,652 residents also availed of the free medical check-up and supplemental feeding and 1,552 persons received free medicines and vitamins.
The Thursday’s operation was conducted in the areas of Sta. Ana (Purok 6, Quezon Boulevard, Barangay 31-D); San Pedro (San Pedro, Brgy. 6-A); Talomo (Purok 40, Brgy. Ulas); Sasa (Lower Del Carmen, Brgy. Sasa); Buhangin (New San Isidro, Brgy. Buhangin); Bunawan (Reyes Compound, Jera Village, Brgy. Bunawan); Toril (Brgy. Lizada); Tugbok (Purok 21, Small Village, Brgy. Mintal); and Calinan (Brgy. Dacudao).
Aiding the DCPO operation in the weekly operation are Task Force Davao, Philippine Coast Guard XI, Regional Mobile Unit, National Intelligence Coordinating Agency XI, Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) XI, Regional Intelligence Unit, 44th Special Action Company , and City Health Office.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market