The City Information Office warned the public about believing individuals or groups claiming to be representing Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.
“The warning includes those individuals that are allegedly in the narcolist of the PNP and PDEA. Mayor Duterte has not seen the list and do not intentionally meet and take pictures with these individuals to make it appear that they are friends,” City Information Officer Jefry Tupas said in a statement.
Tupas said these individuals show their photos beside the mayor as supposed proof of their connection with her.
The office explained that Mayor Duterte does not discriminate anyone who opts for a photo opportunity with the mayor.
The statement further explains that the mayor tries to accommodate anyone who wants to take picture with her.
“The general public is hereby advised to be mindful of the claims of deceitful individuals based on photographs alone,” City Hall said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021