The City Information Office warned the public about believing individuals or groups claiming to be representing Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.
“The warning includes those individuals that are allegedly in the narcolist of the PNP and PDEA. Mayor Duterte has not seen the list and do not intentionally meet and take pictures with these individuals to make it appear that they are friends,” City Information Officer Jefry Tupas said in a statement.
Tupas said these individuals show their photos beside the mayor as supposed proof of their connection with her.
The office explained that Mayor Duterte does not discriminate anyone who opts for a photo opportunity with the mayor.
The statement further explains that the mayor tries to accommodate anyone who wants to take picture with her.
“The general public is hereby advised to be mindful of the claims of deceitful individuals based on photographs alone,” City Hall said.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence