The City Information Office warned the public about believing individuals or groups claiming to be representing Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.
“The warning includes those individuals that are allegedly in the narcolist of the PNP and PDEA. Mayor Duterte has not seen the list and do not intentionally meet and take pictures with these individuals to make it appear that they are friends,” City Information Officer Jefry Tupas said in a statement.
Tupas said these individuals show their photos beside the mayor as supposed proof of their connection with her.
The office explained that Mayor Duterte does not discriminate anyone who opts for a photo opportunity with the mayor.
The statement further explains that the mayor tries to accommodate anyone who wants to take picture with her.
“The general public is hereby advised to be mindful of the claims of deceitful individuals based on photographs alone,” City Hall said.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange