The City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) is set to release social pensions for the second quarter of 2018 starting Saturday.
The city has a total of 58,670 beneficiaries in its 182 barangays.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has already downloaded to the city government the P88 million budget for the social pension for the second quarter of 2018.
CSSDO head Ma. Luisa Bermudo said that her office is proposing that barangays will be clustered for a more efficient payout especially that a number of beneficiaries are senior citizens.
She added that they are looking whether they will put up distribution centers either per barangay or per district.
Bermudo said they have ironed out the problem on the master list handed by DSWD especially that some of the beneficiaries’ names are listed in two barangays.
They have also identified among the list those who are exempted for the social pension, such as SSS and GSIS pensioners, regardless of the amount, as stipulated in the guidelines of social pension distribution.
The office has also identified the replacement of those who failed the guidelines for the social pension, the deceased, and other pensioners who transferred to other municipalities.
Bermudo encouraged those who had a change of residence to acquire a barangay certification for validation of CSSDO.
The payout is set to be done by the end of this month.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence