Seven establishments in the city’s Chinatown were served yesterday with show cause orders after an on-site inspection by the Run After Contribution Evaders (RACE) team of the Social Security Service (SSS) found some violations.
SSS president and chief executive office lawyer Emmanuel Dooc personally led SSS Davao officials in the inspection of stores located from Magsaysay Park up to Sales Street.
The warned establishments include S&A Fashion, Royal Valley Fashion Accessories, Sky Cellbronze Trading, I Smart, Celedenio A Java Sr/Celarlene Man, Z Toys and Candies, and RJK Builders.
Common liabilities among the raided establishments are non-remittance and non-reporting of the employee’s contributions.
A non-extendable period of 15 days will be given to the establishments to reply. Failure of compliance may bring SSS to file legal action and upon conviction may lead to a penalty of up to 12 years of imprisonment.
Anne (family name withheld), a saleslady of one of the establishments, said their SSS contributions is no longer deducted from their salary as it is paid by their store owner. However, it is their bookkeeper who failed the job to remit the contribution to the SSS office.
“Hindi ninyo nirerehistro at ibinabayad ang kontribusyon ng inyong mga empleyado. Sa pagsisiyasat namin, marami kayong empleyado rito. Kawawa naman kung may mangyayari sa kanila, wala silang benepisyong tatanggapin mula sa SSS (You don’t register your employees and remit their contribution. Based on our investigation, you have a number of employees. It will be their loss if something happens to them because they won’t get any SSS benefit),”Dooc told a staff member of the investigated establishments.
The RACE in the city is part of the launching of the “SULIT sa SSS” campaign of the agency that has already kicked-off among other regions in the country.
Next week, the SSS team will proceed to General Santos City for the launching of RACE.
Officials from SSS Davao Branch will continue running after evaders even after the launch. They are hopeful that establishment employers in Davao will learn after the summoned establishments to abide by the SSS law.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021